5。通用产品：普通注射和Hikma其他产品在美国的价格基础上，质量的私人和政府医药行业竞争，产品范围和客户服务。仿制药不仅给成本优势，它创造了一个忠实的消费群体（bremms et al，2011）。这给了Hikma在美国的一位，这是它的力量。
This section identifies key strategic issues for Hikma with respect to its expansion as a multinational company. Two strategic tools are developed that best suit analysis of the issues.
1.1. Analysis of current Strategic issues
Hikma Pharmaceuticals sells both branded and non-branded generics. Operating in the United States, the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) as well as Europe, some of its pressing strategic issues are:
1. Expansions necessitate better cash flow: There are concerns about the cost of investments and acquisitions for Hikma in its expansions. These investments require cash flow. In the context of an expansion, businesses may have cash shortage and hence needs to have solidly established business units that can improve cash flow for expansion operations. This could be a threat for Hikma
2. Local culture: When expanding Hikma has felt the need to work with local players, only then it becomes accepted easily in local markets. This could be a threat for Hikma.
3. Price and Product Portfolio: Hikma markets drugs by acquiring from different research companies and in addition has a Research and Development divisions that focuses on modified dosages. This has increased Hikma’s product portfolio and gives it better cost differentiation in markets. This is strength and the product portfolio that Hikma holds could open up beter opportunities in international markets.
4. Demands in Branded Markets: Markets in MENA regions are branded markets for Pharmaceuticals. The MENA are emerging market (Sackman, 2013). Hikma faces both threats and opportunities here. In managing to adjust to the demands Hikma has better opportunities with respect to its expansion in MENA, however MENA regions suffer severe political unrest and this could be a threat.
5. Generic Products: Generic injectables and other products of Hikma compete with the private and government pharmaceutical sector in the United States based on price, quality, product range and customer service. Generics not only give cost advantage, it creates a loyal consumer group (Bremms et al, 2011). This has given Hikma a niche in the US and this is its strength。